Why buy British?
‘Discount culture’ is the hot word in the media at the moment. As a nation, we buy cheap, fast and throwaway.
It’s a race to the bottom.
HOW do we compete!??
It’s a tricky one with no easy win answer. When you buy from Katie Cardew Illustrations you are supporting a small British business and sustainable, ethical manufactures within the UK. We believe it’s nice to be nice and all of our products are sourced from suppliers we know well, who look after their teams and like us, are independent businesses. Is this enough? We think so and our customers do too.
Watch our new video, celebrating all that is fantastic and fabulous about a small business.
QUALITY OVER ROCK BOTTOM PRICES
- Our products won’t be shipped within minutes of your order but they are packaged and prepared by hand in our studio, by either Emma, Sally, Lucy or Katie.
- We do have to charge a little bit of postage but everything is either taken to the post office or collected by our trusty courier so we know it will arrive with you safely.
- Our products are beautiful, plushy and premium quality; we spend a long time speaking closely with our suppliers to develop the very highest quality products.
- We know our British manufactures and either speak to them or see them on a regular basis. Many of them are just down the road from us and pop in to say hello.
- Our carbon footprint is small – with no air miles involved with shipping from overseas, we keep emissions to a minimum.
- Our business is sustainable – we are not creating fad products, we are here for the long run. Each and every order puts a smile on our face – we love creating something worthwhile that you want to buy.
Shop our lovely range here: SHOP